The Latest Headlines
- Arizona State's Carrick Felix hopes hard work pays off at NBA draft combine
CHICAGO -- Some basketball dreamers will tell you that they eat and sleep hoops. It is apparent that Carrick Felix does neither.
- Pain game: It's All-Star attrition in NBA playoffs
Injuries have so profoundly impacted the NBA playoffs this year that one can put together a pretty good All-Star Game made up only of players who are missing the playoffs because of various ailments, or have at least have missed some games or had their minutes dramatically limited because of them. And we're not even counting a lot of players who have sucked it up to play at least close to their normal minutes despite injuries, such as Miami's Dwyane Wade or Golden State's Stephen Curry. Nor are we counting star players whose teams did not even make it to the postseason, such as Kevin Love of the Timberwolves.
- Phoenix Suns consider their options in the NBA draft as the lottery approaches
CHICAGO -- A year from now, the jubilation of landing the top NBA draft pick will be extremely different if Kansas-bound Andrew Wiggins and Duke-bound Jabari Parker live up to billing as generation players. If the Suns' 11.9 percent draft lottery chance at this year's No. 1 pick comes to fruition, the ESPN camera will get a glimpse of Suns President of Basketball Operations Lon Babby's vertical leap, but the prize figures to give the winning franchise a hop rather than a leap.
- Phoenix Suns GM Ryan McDonough on search for new coach
CHICAGO - Suns interim head coach Lindsey Hunter was first on Ryan McDonough's interview list, but it would be shocking if Hunter wound up in that order when the new Suns general manager picks his first head coach. Beyond Hunter's Wednesday interview in Chicago, the Suns' target group includes experienced assistant head coaches, although some head college coaches and a former NBA coach are getting consideration, too.
- Back to the future game recap: 1993 Phoenix Suns drop Spurs in Game 5, 109-97
- NBA Draft Combine Measurements: Oladipo, McLemore come up small, Porter big
- Phoenix Suns 2012-13 Player Review: Shannon Brown
Shannon Brown endured a tough season. Not only was he involved with the Suns joining the dregs of the league, but he was also demoted as part of a youth movement and logged just 73 minutes in the last 30 team games.
- NBA Draft Lottery: Lon Babby to be Suns lucky charm
The Phoenix Suns announced that President of Basketball Operations Lon Babby will represent the team at the 2013 NBA Draft Lottery.